News ~ 3 July 2020
- RETURN TO PLAY – UPDATE Unfortunately we have to put any return to play on hold due to the recent stay-at-home orders issued in Victoria – a couple of committee members live in a hotspot suburb. In addition MSAC is not yet ready for the various sporting clubs to operate although that may change soon. The earliest we can expect to return to play is early August subject to any new restrictions in the meantime. We will notify you as soon as we are close to resuming.There are many table tennis clubs in Melbourne now operating. Check with your local club – see the TTV Club Finder https://www.tabletennisvic.org.au/club-finder/
- MSAC CASUAL HIRE – MSAC will be opening the Table Tennis hall for casual court bookings on Friday, 3 July. See MSAC Casual Hire.
News ~ 23 June 2020
- ***DELAY*** – Return to Play. The proposed return to play for Melb. Vets. this Friday night and next Monday & Wednesday mornings has been postponed. The MSAC venue is not yet in readiness to support table tennis play under COVID-19 restrictions.Apologies to the people who put their name down to play.We will advise when the situation changes.
- TTV RETURN TO PLAY PRINCIPLES – See the current principles (as at 18 June) <here>. The return to play has proceeded despite recent spike in COVID-19 cases in Victoria. This of course may change at short notice so refer to TTV website for the latest information.
News – 12 May 2020
- TTA & TTV COVID-19 UPDATES – Here are the latest updates from TTA and TTV on the possible resumption of play around the country. Nothing definite yet for Victoria unfortunately.
- Table Tennis Australia – https://www.tabletennis.org.au/news/tta-covid-19-update-play-to-resume-in-some-statesterritories/
- Table Tennis Victoria – https://www.tabletennisvic.org.au/news/table-tennis-victoria-covid-19-update-/
News ~ 14 March 2020
- *** SUMMER PENNANT SUSPENDED ***
The Melbourne Veterans TTA committee has decided to suspend the current Summer Pennant effective immediately. This also includes our Monday and Wednesday morning programs at MSAC, Catch-a-Match and WITT/MITT.
The decision is made having regard to the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), and to ensure the well-being of our members and the community in general.
Our aim is to resume the pennant after Easter, on Friday 17 April. However, this will depend on many factors including evolving response to Coronavirus, venue availability, etc. We will keep members informed directly via email/sms and through our website and facebook page.
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – Table Tennis Australia has released the following statement re Coronavirus: <TTA Coronavirus statement>.
- 2020 SUMMER PENNANT – Follow the links below for the Round 6 (6 Mar) results and ladders:
- 2020 SUMMER PENNANT FIXTURES – Follow the link below for the short-form season fixtures.
- TABLE TENNIS VICTORIA NEWS – Some important information and announcements from TTV <here>.
- TOURNAMENTS – Some upcoming tournaments on the TTV website. Entry forms <here>.
Melbourne Vets Club Shirts
- MVTTA CLUB SHIRTS – Only $25. You can order a MVTTA club shirt with logos and your name printed on the back on Friday pennant nights. The shirts come in the latest designer colours. Samples are available for sizing. Supplied by Affordable Table Tennis